Tax season is right around the corner – are you ready to hit the ground running? We’ve compiled a list of 5 things to do before tax season begins to help you feel more prepared when the new year comes around.
A tax pro’s to-do list to prepare for tax season
- Catch up on the latest tax law updates – Your clients rely on you for your expertise, not your software. If you don’t feel prepared, consider attending our 1040 Update online workshop.
- Stock your office – Avoid having to make any last-minute purchases and stock your office with the best office resources, including client tax return folders, client envelopes, quick reference guides and more.
- Review your EFIN – Confirm that the IRS has current information by reviewing and updating your IRS e-file applications. It’s important to provide changes to responsible officials, addresses and telephone numbers, and to remove individuals no longer associated with the firm, including deceased individuals. You can review and update information electronically using e-Services.
- Renew your PTIN – Dec. 31 is the official deadline to renew your PTIN. Get a jump start on completing the renewal process today.
- Complete CPE requirements – Don’t let your hard-earned designation fall to the wayside by not paying attention to your CPE requirements. We have a ton of on-demand webinars available, and if you’re a member, we have free CPE for you!