To run a successful tax business, it’s important to not only stay up to date on changing tax law, but also continuously add more services while finding ways to cut cost and increase efficiency. If that sounds a bit overwhelming, you’re not alone. That’s why NATP makes it a priority to support you with ALL aspects of your career. NATP offers business practice education and other member benefit webinars, available to our members to advance their practice.
All webinars are on-demand education, allowing members to easily and conveniently strengthen their knowledge base with the click of a button.
Start learning now with these member-exclusive webinars:
- Due Diligence On-Demand Webinar – From confirming the residency of a client’s child to establishing the eligibility of a credit, the tax professional must gather more information than ever before. This webinar addresses how some professionals struggle with exercising due diligence and invading a client’s right to privacy. (Note: a 2021 version of this webinar will be released in December.)
- Ethics – This webinar summarizes key parts of Circular 230, common tax preparer penalties and key due diligence requirements. Additionally, the webinar will review actual ethical-related court cases.
- How to Fire a Client – Client breakups are hard no matter what. You don’t want to lose revenue or risk the client spreading bad publicity about you. This course will focus on how to handle a breakup.
- Filing Form 1040-X After IRS Calculations On-Demand Webinar – In this webinar, we’ll cover common scenarios that you’ll experience post-tax season. After, we’ll provide an overview of completing a Form 1040-X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.
- Casualty Loss Deduction for Federally Declared Disaster Areas – With recent wildfires, hurricanes and other natural disasters, taxpayers may deduct those losses if they have not been reimbursed by insurance or otherwise. This webinar will walk through the steps of reporting the loss on Form 4684, Casualties and Thefts.
- Top 5 Reasons to Become an EA – In this webinar, the experts at Gleim, NATP’s trusted partner, explain the many other reasons becoming an EA would be beneficial for your practice and yourself. You’ll also learn the steps to take to begin this journey, details about the EA exam and even a suggested study schedule.
- EA Exam Changes in 2021 – Changes include the implications of the CARES Act and other newer legislation, as well as the newly updated exam content outlines. This webinar is the first step toward securing those additional rights and expanding your business offerings.
- NATP Fee Study Analysis & How to Increase Your Fees – Join our partners at SmartPath who will discuss the results of the NATP Fee Study then provide an easy to implement process to increase your client fees above the national average ($213/$519) in 30 days or less. (Available October 2021.)
- Best Practices for Using the New IRS Online Services – This webinar will discuss the rapidly evolving area, explore the advantages and pitfalls in the new IRS systems, as well as previewing where the system is headed.
Earn CPE and strengthen your tax practice as a valued member of NATP. Not a member? Learn more about NATP’s member benefits.